Parade is May 4, 2023 at 6pm (Rain or shine)
How to Enter
2023 Isle of Eight Flags Shrimp Festival Parade
DEADLINE IS APRIL 13, 2023
Complete and sign the following documents. You must submit ALL 5 documents, all in one envelope, at the same time. Applications that do not have all 5 documents together will not be accepted. Needed documents are:
- Parade Application – legible and complete
- Parade Participation Agreement – signed
- Entry Fee – Checks made to: Isle of Eight Flags Shrimp Festival, Inc.
- Include a written description of your group (35 words or less)for announcer
- Proof of 1 Million Dollars Liability Insurance for one day with the Isle of Eight Flags Shrimp Festival listed as additional insured. You may use your Carrier and provide the declarations page and appropriate document showing the Isle of Eight Flags Shrimp Festival as the additional Insured, or purchase insurance through the Shrimp Festival PRIOR to the Safety Meeting. You will see the rates below and need to enclose a separate check.
Once your documents are received you will be emailed a confirmation that we have gotten them. MANDATORY, a member of your group MUST BE present at the Safety / Organizational Meeting to get your entry number and paperwork. If not, you will not be permitted to enter.
You will be judged on how well your group uses, represents, and incorporates the parade theme into your entry.
The 2023 Parade Theme is – “Shrimp Gone Wild” (Family Friendly)
Judging Categories– Festival Sponsors, Commercial (Small Business and Large Business), Non-Profit/Civic Group, Family Entry, Walking Group, Band, Performing Unit, Special Effects/Most Original, and Judges Choice.
Awards presentation –Friday May 5, 2023 Riverfront Must be present to receive awards. You will be notified (phone/text) if you won, prior to noon on Friday.
********** IMPORTANT DATES **********
Application Deadline: Thursday, April 13th, 2023
Applications after this date will not be accepted
Mail Documents to: Isle of Eight Flags Shrimp Festival, Inc.
Kelley McCrimmon, Parade Director
P.O. Box 17253
Fernandina Beach, FL 32035
Mandatory Safety Meeting: Thursday April 20th, 2023 (5PM)
RESIDENCE INN AMELIA ISLAND
2301 Sadler Road, Fernandina Beach, FL
Date of Parade: Thursday, May 4th, 2023
Parade Times: Line Up Time: 4:00 pm
Parade starts: 6:00 pm
Parade Theme: Shrimp Gone Wild (Family Friendly)
Awards Presentation: Awards will be presented Friday, May 5th 2023 on the Waterfront Stage
Email address: firstname.lastname@example.org
Phone: (904) 556-6964